Written by Pastor Timmothy Heath
Monday, 13 April 2015 16:55
The Devil's Beatitudes --
The devil does not have his beatitudes in print anywhere but if he did, they would probably go something like this:
1. Blessed are those who are too tired, too busy, too distracted to spend an hour once a week with their fellow Christians -- they are my best workers.
2. Blessed are the Christians who wait to be asked and expect to be thanked -- I can use them.
3. Blessed are the touchy who stop going to church -- they are my missionaries.
4. Blessed are the trouble makers -- they shall be called my children.
5. Blessed are the complainers -- I'm all ears to them.
6. Blessed are those who are bored with the minister's mannerisms and mistakes -- for they get nothing out of his sermons.
7. Blessed is the church member who expects to be invited to his own church -- for he is a part of the problem instead of the solution.
8. Blessed are those who gossip -- for they shall cause strife and divisions that please me.
9. Blessed are those who are easily offended -- for they will soon get angry and quit.
10. Blessed are those who do not give their offering to carry on God's work -- for they are my helpers.
11. Blessed is he who professes to love God but hates his brother and sister -- for he shall be with me forever.
12. Blessed are those who, when they read this, think it is about other people and not themselves -- I've got them too!
These were presented to make you think. Do some of them apply to you once in a while? I'm ashamed to admit that some of them apply to me every now and then. My attitude and my actions sometimes cause Satan to be very proud of me. That isn't what I want.
I challenge you to read through "The Devil's Beatitudes" one more time and then make some life-changing decisions that will prevent you from receiving any more blessings from the devil. Do it NOW!!!
Submit yourselves, then, to God.
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.